BEFORE & AFTER IMAGES ARE OF CENTRAL IMPORTANCE WITHIN THE MEDICAL AESTHETIC FIELD
The images allow practitioners to visually portray their work to industry clientele; that often rely heavily on visual representation to aid consumption and engagement choices.
This blog will seek to offer our top tips in regards to ‘Before & After’ images, to help you expand your practice!
Lighting is a key component in getting images with the best texture, vibrancy in color and luminous on your subjects.
- Use side lighting from a single bulb at 90 degrees to the plane you are photographing. This accentuates skin surface and irregularities.
- Ensure the use of consistent lighting during the consequent patient visits.
- Daytime light may influence the pictures, so keep your windows closed with curtains while taking pictures.
- No flash gives ‘true’ representation of cosmetic concern.
- Mark your floor for patient distance/ positioning for consistency
- Make sure all angles are covered (90/45/0 degrees)
- If photographing the neck or face, you can use a swivel chair to keep it fast and efficient.
- Place a star or marker for your patient look at.
- A pencil or pen can be used to line up between patients ear to the nose in order to achieve correct angles.
Use a plain background that does not distract from the subject.
- We recommend the use of neutral colored undergarments that are neither too tight or loose to minimize the skin indentation.
- Have the patient wear the same undergarment for each photoshoot.
- Ensure the patients are not wearing any jewelry or clothing other than undergarments.
- Straight and neutral face without smiling
- Hair is always pulled back and away from the face
- Abdominal photos – arms should be out of the photo frame. Have the patient cross arms and place their hands on their shoulders and elbows out.
- Ensure patients are relaxed and do not suck-in or flex for abdomen and body photos.
- Make sure that patients are not slumped over when taking images.
Please avoid using patient’s name and always ask for permission to use the photographs. If not, you may cover the patient’s eyes to protect their identity.
Following these quick tips can help you get the most accurate and consistent before and after images! Post your best ‘Before & After’ images with hashtag #vioralife or #vioramed. We actively seek B&A pictures from our customers and often re-post – this is a great chance for your clinic to gain invaluable exposure!
WHO IS VIORA?
With a presence in over 65 countries, Viora’s noninvasive products address a wide range of symptoms, treating today’s most commonly requested applications for anti-aging, body and facial contouring, cellulite reduction, acne clearance, stretch mark reduction, hair removal, skin lightening and more.